Main Film’s Support Programs
TALENT TO WATCH BY TELEFILM CANADA
As a designated partner, Main Film is able to recommend a first feature (fiction, documentary or animation) as well as a web series as part of the Talent to Watch program.
The Talent to Watch Program – Funding of First Feature Films and Web Projects from Emerging Filmmakers aims to support emerging filmmakers, accelerate their career development, and to allow them to develop an expertise in digital marketing and promotion of audiovisual projects.
The maximum contribution amount through this program is $125,000 for feature films and narrative-based projects of over 75 minutes.
Main Film is qualified to recommend projets as part of the following componants:
- Main component
- Indigenous component
- Official-Language Minority Communities (OLMC) component
- October 3rd 2019 – Information session on the program for interested members
- November 4th 2019 – Project submissions
- December 10th 2019 – Project selections announced to candidates
- January 7th until February 20th 2020 – Mentorship for final project submissions
- February 28th 2020 – Submission to Telefilm Canada (date subject to change)
- Being a Main Film member at the date of submission (November 4th 2019)
- Have attended a workshop within 2 years prior to the final submission at Telefilm Canada (February 20th 2020 – date subject to change)
- Have attended the information session on October 3rd 2019
- Having read Telefilm Canada’s guidelines
- Submission dates must be complied with. No submissions after the deadline will be evaluated by the selection committee.
- Main Film’s support will be mentioned on all social media platform or website linked to the project.
- Main Film’s logo will be part of the final credit of the movie
- Key members of the creative teams of all submitted projects must be emerging talent: they must have previously produced, directed and/or written at least one short film but cannot have previously held the same key position in a feature length film.
- Applicants who have received a financial contribution under this Program must deliver a completed project to Telefilm no later than 24 months after Telefilm’s invitation
- All Telefilm Canada’s obligations are applicable (please refer to the guidelines – subject to change)
***Please note that all dates and conditions could be changed with Telefilm Canada’s guidelines which are not yet public for 2019-2020***