02 Nov SODEC Grant Writing | In person
SODEC Grant Writing | In person
Workshop - Documentary Cinema - Fall 2022
Wednesday November 2, 2022
6 pm - 9 pm
2025 Rue Parthenais #301, Montréal, Quebec, H2K 3T2, Québec
Instructor | Karine Bélanger (Coop Vidéo)
Members 60$ | Non-members 90$
This workshop is a must if you are planning to submit a grant application to SODEC’s aide à la création émergente in developing phase program for your documentary. The essential elements to include in your application regarding your budget and the application form will be revealed as well as different strategies to optimize your application. Completed by a review of your application in the second part of the workshop, you will have all the information you need to submit a compliant application.
Participants are asked to read the SODEC’s aide à la création émergente program information documents before attending the workshop.
Please send your application to email@example.com before Monday, October 24:
– Your resume (3 pages max),
– Director’s Notes (1 page)
– Synopsis (1 page),
– Budget (if applicable).
The workshop will be given in French but questions may be asked in English.
Health measures related to COVID-19:
- Wearing a mask is at the discretion of the participants. However, Main Film recommends that you wear it at least when you go inside.
- Participants will be required to disinfect themselves upon entering the center and before touching the equipment. A hydroalcoholic solution will be provided.
- Participants will be asked to limit their movements.
- Participants may use the washrooms.
Karine Bélanger (Coop Vidéo)
Karine Bélanger completed a Bachelor’s degree in film studies at the University of Montreal. After working in film restoration, she began working in production. She has been working as a coordinator for the Coop Vidéo de Montréal for several years and in 2016, she signed her first short film entitled Maîtres nageurs. She is currently developing the next short film projects of Miryam Charles and Ariane Roy Poirier.