Main Film’s Support Programs
TALENT TO WATCH BY TELEFILM CANADA
DEADLINE: April 3rd 2023 at11:59 PM
As an Industry Partner, Main Film is eligible to recommend a first feature film (fiction or documentary) in each of the components of the Talent to Watch program.
The maximum contribution for this program is $250,000 for fiction feature films and $150,000 for documentary feature films.
The components of the program are :
- Main component (project submitted in French)
- Indigenous Component
- Official Language Minority Communities (OLMC) component (project submitted in English)
- Be a member of Main Film at the time of project submission.
- Have attended at least one training workshop with Main Film in the three years preceding the project submission to Telefilm (before May 3, 2022).
- Have read all the program documents available on Telefilm Canada’s website.
- Be an emerging talent: This means that you must have already produced, directed and/or scripted at least one short film, web production, television content, commercials, music videos, or have equivalent experience in the audiovisual industry. However, you cannot have held the same key position in a feature film.
Please note that producers who have already produced a feature film that has received funding from the Talent to Watch program will also be considered as emerging talent. In addition, Telefilm will be flexible in assessing the eligibility of key members of the creative team who have already produced, scripted or directed a major micro-budget feature film produced outside of this Program and which has had a limited release (self-financed – incubator program – school program).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS – to be sent via the pre-selection form below
- Filmography of each member of the creative team
- Presentation video including a one-minute excerpt from the director’s previous short films (max. 5 minutes)
- Long synopsis (max. 750 words including the main plot developments and telling the basic story from beginning to end)
- Complete script of the project
- Director’s cinematographic treatment & letter of intent (max. 3 pages)
- Estimated budget and financial structure
- Promotion and distribution plan – including digital distribution (max. 2 pages)
- Production schedule (from pre-production to film release)
- Links to previous projects (in a document of your choice)
Your application must be submitted to our organization via the pre-selection form below before Monday, April 3rd 2023 at 23:59.
OBLIGATIONS FOR THE SELECTED PROJECTS
- Main Film’s support must be mentioned on all social networking platforms or websites related to the project.
- The Main Film logo will appear in the film’s credits.
- All Telefilm Canada obligations apply (refer to the guidelines)