After two very unusual years, and to celebrate Main Film’s 40th anniversary, we are pleased to announce the launch of our new Active Member program, which will complement our existing Associate Member status.
To create an ever stronger and more tightly knit community around our goal of offering you unparalleled support, the new program will provide filmmaker members with additional benefits and opportunities for increased involvement in the centre — for the best in independent film!
With this new program, our aim is to be more supportive and better able to meet your needs than ever.
BENEFITS OF THE NEW PROGRAM
- Guaranteed active member status for at least three years
- Showcasing of your work and production during our training sessions and in our communications materials.
- Representation of Main Film at unique, exclusive events:
- Opportunities to program our evening screenings
- Exclusive opportunities to sit on the juries of Main Film’s partner festivals
- Access to certain professional and career development activities, free of charge
- A discount on equipment of 60% off the Associate Member rate, rather than the current 40%.
GREATER INVOLVEMENT IN AND INFLUENCE ON THE LIFE OF THE CENTRE
- Attendance at the Annual General Meeting is therefore compulsory
- Attendance to at least one of our advisory committees for the duration of your membership after one year of Active Membership
- Voluntary participation in a mentorship program to support newcomer filmmakers in Canada (not mandatory)
- Share relevant information related to your projects, artistic practice and career for inclusion in Main Film’s communications
COST AND DURATION OF MEMBERSHIP
The active membership fee remains annual and is $100/year (active membership fee) in addition to $70/year (associate membership fee).
As long as the membership fee is maintained, the membership is valid for 3 years:
- During this 3-year period, you are an active probationary member.
- After 3 years, if your dues are up to date and the commitment policy has been respected, you become a permanent active member:
- Your membership will continue to be valid and will be subject to the existing conditions (benefits and obligations). You may therefore enjoy the program’s benefits for many years, with no time limit and without having to undergo the selection process again, for as long as your dues are paid without interruption.
- Should you fail to pay your dues, your permanent status will allow you to renew your membership at any time, subject to the same conditions (benefits and obligations) as before, via a streamlined selection process.