23 Jul Sandra Mathieu
After completing her studies in television production and scriptwriting Sandra J. Mathieu wrote and directed her first documentary short film about her journey to Haiti, following the 2010 earthquake. Then she directed and scripted a fictional short film inspired by a true story Je t’aime à mort in 2014. More recently, she created the Reine web series which deals with the current issues faced by black women. In 2019, she received a Netflix scholarship to continue her studies in scriptwriting at the Institut National de l’Image et du Son. During her stay at INIS, she scripted the Bonne figure web series, which received a warm welcome in festivals. She is currently writing several projects including a web series and her first fiction feature film. With her art Sandra tries to reclaim the narrative and break stereotypes. She is working in the community as a director, screenwriter and editor.
- 27$, feature film (scriptwriting), in development, 2021.
- Une rencontre fortuite, short fiction film (scriptwriting, directing) pre-production, 2020.
- Bonne figure, webseries (scriptwriting) Inis Production, 2020.
- Fissure, documentary short (scriptwriting) Inis Production, 2019.
- Reine, webseries (scriptwriting, directing) Havilah Films Production, 2018.
- Je t’aime à mort, short fiction film (scriptwriting, directing) Havilah Films Production, 2014.
- Ma première fois, documentary short (scriptwriting, directing) Havilah Films, Production, 2010.
Main Film is an artist center in independent cinematographic creation committed to support its community as whole, without any distinction.
Our strength is in our members. They are our essence.
Following the recent events, it seemed essential to offer a place so our members can express their feelings towards the discrimination they experience regarding their skin color, their origins, their sexual orientation, their gender, and share their reflections through this societal drama that takes place in all forms of rejection of one another.
Every month, Main Film will give place to its members that face discrimination so they can share with you their reflexions and thoughts.
Our third artist to contribute is Sandra Mathieu.
Because it’s the artists who carry both the role of representing society and making it evolve.